The Field Of Nation Of War On Poverty Inwards The Pages Of Life; Appalachia Portraits, 1964


In his 1964 locomote titled “The Valley of Poverty”, Dominis brings assist to the fact that inwards the 1960s – a 4th dimension when well-nigh of America had long recovered from the Great Depression, the people of the Appalachian portion were withal living through a non bad cope of poverty.

David Allan Coe – If That Ain't Country Lyrics

The one-time human existence was covered amongst tattoos inward improver to scars
He got about inwards prison home theatre inward improver to others inwards bars
The residue he got working' on one-time junk cars
inwards the daytime
They looked like tombstones inwards our yard
And I never seen him when he wasn't tired inward improver to mean
He sold used parts to build ends meet
Covered amongst grease from his chief to his feet
Cussing' the sweat inward improver to the texas rut inward improver to skeeterz
And the neighbors said we lived like hicks
But they brung their cars for pa to educate anyhow

Now our solid was a graveyard for automobiles
At the stop of the porch inward that identify was 4 stacks of wheels
And tires for sale for a dollar or ii cash
There was fifty holes inwards an one-time forcefulness out roof
Me inward improver to my identify unit of measurement of measuring we was living' proof
The people who forgot well-nigh lamentable white trash
And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass
If that ain't country, it'll hair lip the pope
If that ain't country, it's a damn goodness joke
I've seen the grand ole opry,
And I've met johnny cash
If that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass

http://time.com/3878609/war-on-poverty-appalachia-portraits-1964/

Sumber https://newaudisportscar.blogspot.com/

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Ausco Lambert Early Hydraulic Disc Brakes